LE CINQUE TERRE
The names of Cinque Terre villages should be learned by heart, like the seven kings of Rome or the team of Italy 1982! The five villages, set in a 15 km-long straight-down rocky coast, are: Monterosso, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola, Riomaggiore.
Cinque Terre offer a unique and unforgettable landscape, with many specimen of the Liguria fauna and especially flora (Olive trees, broom flowers, acacias, agaves, chestnuts, junipers, etc.).
The best way to enjoy Cinque Terre is without any doubt on foot, walking along its paths, among Olive trees and trattorie. Trekking boots or training shoes are suggested. For lazy or romantic people we suggest the well-known “Sentiero dell′Amore” or the easy boat trip
HOW TO VISIT CINQUE TERRE: CINQUE TERRE CARDS
The best way to visit Cinque Terre is by train: it is useful to buy the Cinque Terre Card (in the train stations, also in Deiva Marina), since it allows freely visit inside the National Park.
With this money the Park is able to maintain and preserve its territory, as to enhance the typical products of Cinque Terre. The Cinque Terre Card Train also allows to travel by train between Levanto and La Spezia for an unlimited number of travels.
Both Cards allow:
– To use the Park eco bus and public elevators
– To enter into all paths, Nature Observation Points, botanic paths, service areas, bird watching and information points
– To visit the Museum of Sciacchetrà of Manarola, the Museum of Memory of Riomaggiore and the ancient oil mill of Groppo
– To visit the virtual aquarium of Monterosso and the multimedia hall of Levanto
– To visit the Centre of Salagione (salting) of anchovies in Monterosso
– Three hours biking (while stocks last) for medium-high paths
– A reduction on all the products bought in the centers of the National Park of Cinque Terre